SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kadefol

Pulling my hair out - Maytag Bravos MVWX655DW2 Top Load Washer

kadefol
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

So the whirlpool washer we've had for 8 years finally broke down last night and we purchased a Maytag Bravos MVWX655DW2 top loader today.

Have done 3 loads on different wash cycles and it is so frustrating. After each cycle the washer goes into spin mode and the cycle completes and indicates "done", but the laundry is still soaking wet.

I had to start a manual spin and drain after each cycle to get them dry enough to be able to hang them up. I do not want to have to do that after each cycle for the life of the washer.

I checked online, and in the manual, and on the Maytag website and the only problem that is addressed anywhere is if the spin cycle leaves the clothes too wet, period. That usually means there is an obstruction in the drain hose or the hose is situated too high. Neither applies in this case.

I can't find any info on our situation of the spin cycle leaving clothes soaking wet when completing a regular wash cycle, but working fine when using the manual spin and drain setting after the load is done washing.

I am going to call Maytag on Monday, but if anyone has any ideas in the meantime, I would much appreciate them.

Comments (11)