SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
italia4471

Feedback on Kitchen Layout Options??

italia4471
3 years ago

Hi Everyone! My husband and I are embarking on a remodel and have a couple options for our kitchen and would love your thoughts. Do you prefer Option A or B? Our architect did Option A. I drafted up Option B based on a couple kitchens but realize I am not an expert! I am thinking the fridge may need to move to the right of the DW in that option... KDs I have spoken with haven’t been helpful - deferring to me and just seem ready to order cabinets. While I look for another KD just wanted to get your feedback on these options. I included a picture of the current layout (old demo plans from previous owner) and the proposed layout to show adjoining spaces. We are open to all ideas - except our Architect said we cannot extend to our porch except for maybe a pantry due to some code issues. We know we are making a big investment and want to ensure the layout is great. We do have a 36’’ single door fridge with a right hinge and would love a 36’’ range (we are avid cooks!). I would love to have a place for people to perch and an island but realize I may not be able to get everything. The best light in the house comes from the back (southern exposure) but the view and light from the dining room is great all day (NWE exposure) so we are excited to open the space. We do like the idea of having some separation from the main living area. Thank you for any thoughts!!!

Comments (19)