SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perennialfan275

Any Mario/Nintendo fans here?

perennialfan275
3 years ago

I've always loved Mario (and Nintendo games in general) games for as long as I can remember. We had an NES when I was very young but I wasn't very good at the games (although I tried my best). Years later we hooked it back up and I did much better at them. Then a few years later my parents got me a Super Nintendo/SNES with Donkey Kong Country. This is what really got me into gaming. So why do I enjoy Nintendo games so much you ask? Like many other parents, my parents were not fans of m (mature)-rated games. They didn't want me playing games with lots of swearing, nudity, and other things that are inappropriate for kids. Nintendo games are extremely family friendly, so those are the games they got us. As an adult, this value of "family friendly" game remains strong in me. We have a lot of family and friends that bring their kids over sometimes, and these are the games we like to play with them because we know they're appropriate for kids. Nintendo games are also very easy to learn, so even someone who's never played Mario Kart (for example) can learn the basics of this game very quickly. The games have a good mix of levels/challenges that are easy and difficult. You can often beat these games by only beating the easy levels (if beating the story is all you care about), but if you are a completionist who likes a challenge they will have some harder levels too. I could talk about this for hours, but my point is these are well made games that anyone can play. Do you or anyone in your family like these games? What's your/their personal favorite right now?

Comments (20)