SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nico_t617

New build color selections.. help!

Nico T
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all, I hope someone with a design eye can help!

I am building in North Texas with Gehan homes (hickory floor plan with fifth bedroom and fourth bathroom added), had my first design appointment last week and I’m overwhelmed.

too many of my favorite items are considered “upgrades” and I’m running out of budget. I decided to splurge on kitchen and flooring and add paint for kids rooms etc later. I have one more appointment in two days, and I need help with colors.

My floors will be a neutral brown Mohawk RevWood flooring called Gilded Oak (pic). I’m trying to keep everything as neutral as possible but I’ll want to add ivory, caramel and pecan with some antique gold and bronze later since that’s my usual decor style. What I hate is the carpet in all the bedrooms and game room. The designer suggested “Nomad” (in the pic) but it looks so odd against the crisp and fresh colors I prefer, however with 3 kids I know that white will get stained quickly. I’m considering a carpet color called “Canvas Cloth” as my second choice since it’s much lighter. (No pic Of canvas cloth) Thoughts?

I am including a picture of the model kitchen which I love And the floor plan for my kitchen minus the island. I am also including pictures of my first selection of cabinet color (Bliss- on poplar Wood), granite and backsplash which is 12x12 ceramic tile (anything else is an upgrade so I’m working with what I have on backsplash). I’m not in love with the dark granite and will upgrade to a creamier one like the model picture. I have two “whites” to choose from with cabinets and right now I’ve selected Bliss (pic included), but the more I stare, the yellower it looks. The only other light color available is Pure Snow which is very stark white. Not sure which way to go!!!

I don’t love the wall color choices and it will cost more to paint the ceilings white if the kids choose a different color scheme for their rooms. Right now, the house trim will be SW EXTRA WHITE and wall color options are Divine White or Dover White (piece of paper in last pic). Divine seems too deep and Dover seems too yellow. Should I just keep it all “SW EXTRA WHITE” to save myself the headache?

Ugh, this is crazy and I’m ready to be done. If anyone has input, I’d love to hear it!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor