SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_848503082

Serene Steam shower aromatherapy spa system

J N
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I never realized how much using this Serene Steam unit would enhance the quality of my life until after it was installed. It's created a whole spa time for me after my showers where I can put in hair my conditioning treatments and sit in the steam while they do their magic, or exfoliate with dry brushing and sometimes sugar scrubs. It's also a great time to pumice your feet and shave your legs while sitting down. I bring a small pail into the shower and fill with water to rinse razors, etc.

You can also sit in front of the steam on a yoga or other non slip matt and breathe the delicious essential oils, or focus it on whatever body parts needs the extra heat to loosen up your muscles. Great before you go to the chiropractors, or the day after a really good workout. You'd be surprised how much that extra 10 minutes adds to your well being and I love breathing essential oils even more when they're diffused in this hot steamy environment.

So in the nature of being fabulously frugal I retrofitted my existing shower using tile I purchased on Houzz, and bought enough to get the the floor re-tiled to match to enhance the design. More importantly though, it was to correct an improper slope around the drain where water sat. My tile guy went right over the old floor after floating the proper pitch. This tile matched the color of what I already had on the floor and looks much better than the old generic bone tiles.

I also added frameless shower doors and a louvered piece of glass in between to let out steam while regular showering. You'll notice these ceilings are super high and lowering them down to 7.5 feet would have made the shower even hotter, but it's perfectly hot enough for me...in the Goldilocks zone...not too hot, not too cold, its just right!

Comments (5)