SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lena_shah

Need help choosing siding colors

lena shah
3 years ago

We have holes in our Masonite siding. We’ve had them in the past and were able to find someone to patch them up (band aid fix) knowing it was a temporary fix to give us time to figure out what we needed to do long term.
We’ve decided on Hardie Siding.
The question now is colors and design.
I want it to look like the house was built yesterday.
I do like the Tudor but I’m thinking this is a great opportunity to update (makeover) the house.

Some ideas

1. Board and baton on the 3 main window parts. Lap in between and back. Sides... board and baton lower rectangle and lap upper triangles.

2. lap all the way around.
    So I wasn’t a fan of lap siding until I saw the 7inch boards with white trim. It looked pretty sharp and kind of like a new build design.

3. Tudor but with updated more modern colors.

Our brick has orange/brown tones. Our roof red/brown tones. Our mortar matches the Monterey taupe.
I’m not opposed to the dark blues. My husband likes contrast between the trim n boards/plank.
I’ve looked at so many houses online and I just can’t find another Tudor like ours. Usually Tudors are asymmetrical.

The house is huge. Both sides have damage and can’t be fixed. This is such a daunting task. I’d appreciate any thoughts on colors or ideas on hardie designs.

Comments (2)