SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryan_stanley35

Please help me with my sloped lake lot back yard!

Ryan Stanley
3 years ago

Good afternoon- really hoping I can get some good input as I’m a bit stuck. We moved in a couple of years ago and are just getting around to the backyard. We have a significant slope that goes down to the lakefront. It was tamed enough to create the small patio area shown and enough semi flat space to put the play set and have some mowable grass.

I am looking for suggestions to make it more usable. As it is, the steepest part of the slope can’t be mowed safely and while the slope on the rest is gentler, it’s still not particularly flat. I feel like a retaining wall needs to go somewhere but I’m not entirely sure where. Middle of the yard doesn’t seem wisest. I’d be open to doing something different with the deck if that’s helpful. Primary goal is some flat space and maintaining our view. One other complicating factor is that we need the back yard fenced for our dogs and I like the idea of having a defined “edge” of the yard.

We may end up having to hire it out, but our preference is always to DIY if able and we have access to a skid steer and tractor.

Anything you can contribute to help with the vision is appreciated!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting