SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dinajo_gw

Please help me in advance of my visit to stone yard

dinajo
15 years ago

I'd love some input in advance of my visit to the granite yard (1 1/2 hours away), to avoid just wandering aimlessly around (I've done ALOT of that in the past). I will take pictures, but want to have some sort of direction. New kitchen has dark cherry cabinets (more brown than burgundy red) with chocolate glaze, floor is a mottled tan matte porcelain tile in two sizes (reads fairly neutral), stainless appliances, pewter hardware. No paint or backsplash decisions yet. I live in a very traditional Tudor style house (albeit from the 80's... sigh) with abundant dark oak woodwork that I decided not to fight. So far I'm pleased with the way it's turning out, but there's a LOT of wood in there and I'd like to lighten it up a bit. The darker granites tend to read black in my kitchen, especially in the afternoon. Some of the stones that are more dramatic with a lot of movement (many of which I like) often tend to read "contemporary" to me. I'd be willing to go with a less flashy granite if it had at least a little movement and interest AND worked with the traditional elements. Sooo, any suggestions of what to take a look at? Thanks for any advice...

Comments (9)