SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marmarsuperstar

Inherited a Tuscan Kitchen- and beige overload -Paint help!

marmarsuperstar
3 years ago

Hi!

We purchased a lovely tudor a few years ago and I'm still working toward getting it right where I want it. I jumped the gun on painting and painted everything navajo white, because I was worried color on the stucco walls. While I love the navajo white in the North facing living room, it looks so dingy in the East facing dining room and too close to the color of the cabinets of the kitchen. I really like the California/Santa Barbara eclectic look, but I am not afraid of color and pattern. Since the three rooms flow into each other, I am worried about painting them different colors, any suggestions? Is it OK to go lighter cream in the dining room (swiss coffee) since the light is different?

By the photos, I am sure you can tell that I am trying to "detuscanize" the tuscan kitchen that I inherited. I am seriously thinking of painting it a Palladian Blue for a light sea glass feel but maybe that's not right. The granite has reds and gray. I will change the light fixtures soon. It just looks so beige on beige (the kitchen walls are sheetrock not stucco). Any ideas? Someone suggested taupe but that seems dark and farm house style. Sorry if I am all over the map.

Comments (2)