SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_mikhlinjones

am I making a mistake on quartz?

Alex M
3 years ago

I wanted a natural stone for my kitchen countertops because it just has a more natural feel to it, and has a good "energy" about it.... I don't like granite because it's usually too speckled, and we wanted white or off white/slightly grey with very small veining.... Anyway, I looked at many slabs of natural stones, mostly quartzite and some marble.... Although I saw some really beautiful stones, none of them really felt right for our kitchen space, plus they were a couple of thousands more that our budget. I decided on quartz Eternal Statuario, by Silestone. it's mostly white with faint grayish veining. The countertops company is coming to do a template on Friday, but now I'm having second thoughts! Am I going to hate it? Does quartz feel fake, like it's trying to be marble, but isn't? or am I going to love it because it has all the right colors we wanted for our kitchen and was within our budget?! (also, is quartz going out of style now?) would love to hear about your experience of how you feel about your quartz countertops.

Comments (40)