SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
humbleandkind

Master Bedroom Design/Furniture Help

humbleandkind
3 years ago

We are nearing the end of a master bathroom remodel and need to finalize our plan to furnish the master bedroom (our old bedroom furniture didn‘t fit the space so we sold it before the remodel). The only item we’ve purchased so far is a king size mattress with an adjustable base, and I’m planning to buy a (wingback upholstered?) bed. I’ve attached the existing floor plan and pictures of each wall. The bed will go on the wall with the wainscoting, and a tv (already own) will go on the opposite wall between the windows with a console table (TBD) underneath it. Here’s what I need help with:

1. Bedside Tables: I’m thinking wide-ish three door chests, but I’m not sure how wide I can/should go, especially with issue #2 . . .

2. Wall Leading into Bathroom: I’m not sure what to do with the space on each side of the door leading into the bathroom. My original plan was to do built-in dressers (nixed that idea in favor of more flexibility) or matching dressers/console tables but I’m not sure how much depth I should use there. We have a decent size walk-in closet so we don’t need much storage for clothes but it would be nice to have extra storage for certain winter items, extra blankets, sheets, towels, etc.

3. Rug Size: Any thoughts on whether we should go with an 8x10 or 9x12 size rug?

4. Double Dormer: My current plan is to put a small scale loveseat in front of the windows with a very narrow table in front of it. I’d like some type of seating somewhere, and this seems like a good spot for it, but I‘m open to other ideas.

5. Console Table: Any suggestions on where to look for a narrow console table to fit the tv wall? The baseboard heater wraps around one side so unfortunately it won’t be able to be flush against the wall. I’ve thought about a floating shelf/table but they seem too modern for our space.

6. Single Dormer: Not sure what, if anything, should be done with this space.

I think that covers everything, but if any other info would be helpful, please let me know. Thanks!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida