SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bruce_yatoli

Finding U Factor of Sunrise Sliders and Picture windows with AR90 and

Bruce Yatoli
3 years ago

I am trying to find the U-Factor rating for Sunrise Window package. Specifically, I'm trying to find the U-Factor for horizontal sliders and picture windows with AR90 and KR90 Package, before I decide which one to buy.

I asked for CPD number for such windows from a Sunrise dealer. This way I can cross reference their claim with NFRC.ORG website. However, they were not able to give me a specific CPD number. In fact, some dealers do not know what a CPD number is. Most of them don't reply back after I ask such number.

I have talked to 6 window dealer so far. 1 from Sunrise, 1 from Vanguard, 1 from Polaris, and 4 others i'm not considering anymore.

My whole point is to see their performance rating and compare it with the pricing to see whether it's justifiable the cost of the upgrade. All I was provided was this document from sunrise, but it's missing the package I'm interested in.

I can go to NFRC website and search for certain manufacturer and window type, but there are a lot of CPD number and I'm not sure which one is the one with the package I'd like.

I finally went to Vanguard windows site, and I find the number for slider. I can also go to Restorations windows and verde windows site to find similar thing, but not really exact. I know they are all from Sunrise.

Is there any better way to find U-Factor and air infiltration rating and SHGC rating for Sunrise's AR90 and KR90 package?

Comments (2)