SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brianna_elenes

Considering a Flipped Home

Brianna Elenes
3 years ago

Hi everyone! My husband and I have been house shopping in the Northern VA area and saw a home in Dumfries yesterday that appears to have been a flip. It's currently vacant. It has had some upgrades done, some of which are questionable in terms of actual quality or more just wow factor. I've attached some photos but I'd love to hear anyone's opinion on what to look out for in a possible Flip. Some items to note: Floor appears to be painted, and doesn't match in Kitchen so that is an immediate need. The kitchen needs an island and the materials for cabinet and sink are probably on the lower end? They also didn't use the space above the oven for the double oven. Upstairs carpet is mediocre but not horrible... but the Master Bath is unfinished. The tub has some tile that doesn't seem to be done? Are the edges being that sharp normal? They also didn't finish putting glass up for the shower.

These are just our observations, the home is priced as such that we could do some of the upgrades ourselves and potentially talk down the price... but I've always heard horror stories of homes that were flipped. Thoughts?

Comments (10)