SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katyajini

Could not believe my eyes, buds, buds, buds!

katyajini
3 years ago

I wanted to post this a while ago, then thought who cares???? Anyway, its something that made/makes me happy and I want to focus on good things.

Some of you may know and remember me. I joined the rose and related forums in earnest last year. I wanted to resurrect and heal my much neglected and ailing garden and really focused on roses. In conversations here I learned so much and so much more yet to learn. And I did what I learned and thought would be best for my plants, particularly the roses that were still living. I was convinced, by the way the roses looked, they could never really become beautiful again. Thin rickety sticks with a few leaves. But they did bloom a bit and the scent was amazing. They would be my experimental subjects, guinea pigs you know, where I would try what I learned and see what effect the protocol had. I had nothing to lose everything to gain. And come next year I would dig out these tired sickly roses and replace with new ones. Meanwhile I will have learned by actually doing and observing.

When March and April came this year I could not believe my eyes. The bushes leafed out lush and full and were covered with plump buds. To my eyes, like the enviable pictures of roses one sees in magazines and books. But I had not done anything yet except spread some fresh mulch. It must be strength and good health from the previous years care.

Many a times you take good counsel, put in the effort and good things happen! The care you take now may only show in the future and how!

Here are pictures of some of what I saw in my garden this spring.

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus