SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

Just noticed half of the just installed subway tile are wrong color

bridget helm
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

The whole bottom half of the wall in our master bath was just tiled in white 4x8 subway tiles. I told the contractor interceramic glossy white. There was never a discussion about any other color. It’s one of the only decisions I DIDN‘T gem and has over.

The LED ceiling “can lights” went in today, and one of the walls was grouted as well.

i got home around 6 and turned the lights on in the bathroom for the first time ever and noticed entire rows of tile are a different shade of white. I got up close and realized at least half of them are matte white.

I will feel terrible having the guys rip them out and retile, but they‘re supposed to all be glossy. I wish i would have noticed sooner. It took grout and lights b4 i could tell, though.

how do contractors handle this sort of thing? I know he ordered the right thing. I think the tile distributor sent some of the right tiles and some of the wrong/matte tiles. I’m dreading having to point this out in Monday🙁

All of the 4x8’s around the shower on the outside are matte/wrong. The one’s on the inside are correct though. All 3x6’s are correct too. The toilet room/water closet doesn’t have light yet so I’m not sure how many are wrong in there. From what i can tell/feel, those are all glossy/correct.

Comments (2)