SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandon_crimmins

Why do new refrigerators not get cold...?

Brandon Crimmins
3 years ago

I’m wondering if anyone out there can tell me why newer refrigerators don’t get anywhere near as cold as older units...?

first a brief background as to my pondering... I like drinks COLD, COLD, COLD! This was never a problem growing up as on occasion I would have to chew the ice in my drinks. Be it milk or water... now I know what everyone is thinking... “that’s so bad for you” Well you can go suck eggs. This question ain’t for you. Also if your sucking eggs came from a proper fridge they’d be as cold as ice.

Anyway... I know how to use a refrigerator thermostat and my complaint is not that these refrigerators haven’t or aren’t working correctly. I believe they’ve all been working as they were intended and designed to... I’ve had an thermometer in all my fridges and they’re all holding the temperatures they’re set at. But why does it stop at 33 degrees? My old refrigerators would be set in the middle of their range and be sometimes below 30 degrees. And rarely would things other than water and strangely lettuce freeze. But what a difference a few degrees makes in beverage temp!!! So much more satisfying to have a glass of milk at 31 degrees instead of 33

Comment