Need Help Please ...

WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

in reducing this recipe I want to make. The recipe is for a 1 1/2 pound loaf and I want to make a 1 pound loaf. I have no problem with reducing flour and water, but the remaining ingredients are a problem. I am sure no good at math other than very simple math. TIA for any assistance.

1 1/2 lb loaf

1 c water

2 T honey

2 T oil

2 T sugar

1 1/2 t salt

3 c flour

2 1/4 t yeast

Basic setting, medium crust

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

1 lb loaf

2/3 c water

4 t honey

4 t oil

4t sugar

1 t salt

2 c flour

1.5 t yeast

Save     Thanked by WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

Thank you so very much, foodonastump. I truly appreciate your kind assistance.

Save    
chas045

This recipe is actually a good one for a math reduction, but since it is bread, a less precise adjustment would be enough.

You need 2/3 of each part of this recipe:

2 T sugar, oil or honey is the same as 6 teaspoon; you need 2/3 or 4/6 and therefore 4 teaspoons of these ingredients. 1 1/2 t salt is of course 3/2 t salt, and you need 2 halves of a teaspoon or 1 teaspoon (you probably knew that, but that's the math thinking.)

But back to the oil and especially the honey: not really that easy to precisely measure anyway so approximation will do. One usually doesn't reduce the yeast.

cross posted with foas.

Save     Thanked by WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

Thank you, chas045. I plan to make this bread today.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Quiet, Please! How to Cut Noise Pollution at Home
Leaf blowers, trucks or noisy neighbors driving you berserk? These sound-reduction strategies can help you hush things up
Full Story
Flowers and Plants Great Design Plant: Ceanothus Pleases With Nectar and Fragrant Blooms
West Coast natives: The blue flowers of drought-tolerant ceanothus draw the eye and help support local wildlife too
Full Story