SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_kitts9

Remodeling 1990's Ranch

Jessica Barbir
3 years ago

Hi there! My DH and I found a great home on 2.5 acres at a great price. It's 3 sided brick and was built in '93 and has had zero updates. It's a blank canvas and we couldn't be more excited!

We are trying to keep the layout the same and just open up some walls so it's not too costly but we are removing all flooring, updating all bathrooms, rooms, and kitchen. We do have a GC that is going to be guiding us through this process but am a little stuck when it comes to design and what will stay in style.

1. We are not painting the brick on the outside - just refreshing paint on the shutters - but would like some ideas for landscaping (located in North Georgia)

2. The floor plan is original and the only thing that is different is there is no island in the kitchen.

3. I would like to put in a peninsula type island starting where the fridge is and going inward and moving the fridge, etc. because we eat at our bar a lot and would also like the extra counter space.

4. The kitchen - should I do two tone cabinets or is that going out of style?

5. Would like to arrange the master bathroom to make for a large shower and powder room. Is not having a bath a big deal?

6. Should we do a jack and Jill between the rooms or just update the bathroom? Also was thinking of adding a shower to the half bath in the laundry to make 3 full bathrooms.

What are initial thoughts?

Thanks everyone! Super excited ☺️

Comments (5)