SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1

Brian, if you see this, please check in)

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hey buddy, we miss you these days. I have not been able to e-mail you since my computer at home is on the blink, and have not see n you about here. Miss your beautiful pics and your presence. Please let me, us know you are ok)

E-mail me too if you would like..Always thinking of you buddy, hugs

mikerno_1@yahoo.com

Comments (115)

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    3 years ago

Glad to see you back Brian. Now post pics of your trees. Hee Hee!

• Related Discussions

Lu....checking to see how you are doing???

Q

Comments (2)
    Hi, Nora. We just returned home from vacation from Orange Beach, Alabama today. It took us 6 hours to get home, although we didn't have much traffic. It usually takes about 4 and a half hours. We came home on the back roads and zipped right along. We had a great time on our trip, but as soon as we got home, we had to start making preparations to weather out this monster of a storm. We are about 80 miles from New Orleans and about 15 miles from Baton Rouge. I worry so much about the people who could not get out of New Orleans. It's going to be horrible. We are expecting very high winds here with the power out for several days, but we are prepared. We have property on Grand Isle which the hurricane will pass right over, so I imagine that we will have devastation when we return to check out the damage. As long as we are safe though, that's okay. We will replace our property. Thank you so much for your concern. I will check in after all of this is over. Lu
    ...See More

If you have kids learning multiplication you have to see this.

Q

Comments (14)
    The first time I tried it, there was nothing--I got to doors, but nothing happened. Then finally a problem came up on the door, but I had no idea what to do after throwing the snail balls (I didn't know you were supposed to type in the number answer). It's pretty simple once the stuff works--you run into the snails, which then turn into balls you can throw at the door. Then you have to type in the numeral that is the answer to the problem on the door. After that, the door opens up and an ogre comes out. The multiplication problem(s) appear on his front and you have so much time in which to type in the answer. If you answer wrong, he blasts you with his club thing. After you give the correct answer(s) several times, he goes back behind the door and a key appears, which you grab by running into it. After you do this at several doors, you go on to the next level. That's as far as I know :) We've played this game with dd doing the keyboard and me manipulating the mouse. That has worked well so far. She's still trying to get used to pushing the right number key(s), which is hard for her to do quickly.
    ...See More

georgysmom, will you please check and see if

Q

Comments (7)
    mojo,. must have left it in your car, cause I took them off on a very cold day, cause the sun had warmed the inside of the car. Ok, I'll hop on the next flight and pick it up. Thanks!
    ...See More

Igloochic -- did you see this?

Q

Comments (2)
    I'm going to post my comments so this will bump up so Igloo can see it. The entire makeover is beautiful, but to me it reminds me of a hotel. I don't find it warm and inviting like a home should be. That sink is something to behold. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.
    ...See More
  • nulesm
    3 years ago

Thanks Dave!!!!!! Good to be back. This one is for you . Calamondin

Brian

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked nulesm
  • Monyet
    3 years ago

You got to be kidding, is that you Brian? You got to tell us the whole story!

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked Monyet
  • Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    3 years ago

Oh man! That's a gorgeous calamondin. You have a green thumb.

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
  • nulesm
    3 years ago

It's me me me Bob lol and know way am I going to go through all the troubles I had I don't have the patience and the writing time . Just glad to be back my friend and glad you and Dave are both well!!!

Dave Buddy that tree is in need of some serious repotting. Every time there is a slight breeze it gets knocked over so I had to place a couple of bricks on top of the mix .

Brian

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Brian,

wait I must pinch myself!1 lol. I am relieved to say the least because this Covid crap has be worried about many. I am blessed to see you back and now where is my tree and my drink? I am sooooo HAPPY to see you are back and yes as you can tell we all care about you and you are loved. I hope if I am gone that long I am missed. Who knows, maybe some here would rather shoot me.lol I wonder how Sugar is? Your trees? Your health? Your bar set up? I'll bet no parties this year( How's your summer going ? Thunderstorm here for a change!!! My trees love the rain orchids too.

Hot? Dam, so many questions and just as many hugs buddy. I am just thrilled . Wait until Jan. Amy, Laura, Jinny lee, Steve and all the others see that you have come back. Amy has even e-mailed me worried sick. You know you have friends, true ones when you have never met face to face and yet care so much. HUGS buddy!! I can always telll when you are missing in action. You can't get away from me! My mom is ok. Trying to keep her from getting sick although my Dad's place was loaded with sick people. Still working out too. ha

Brian buddy, what a BEAUTIFUL variegated you have there. This is why we missed you besides your charming personality.

If you get a chance, please e=mail me, please. mikerno_1@yahoo.com

Mikey

• Monyet
    3 years ago

You have added a few more gray hairs, trying to keep the members calm. What a job that was. Training you to be patient will be easy, just hang around. Jan, Amy were worried more, than Mike, he staid with and keep reminding us, he will be back.

Now, I got reasons to pick on you, was bored couldn’t get nobody Ryle-up here for 9 long months. So braise your self.

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked Monyet
  • nulesm
    3 years ago

. How could you be bored Bob with the fishing rod in one hand and writing with the other . Very sorry for making everyone gray ! You know gray is not a bad color.

Brian

• Amy (montreal, canada)
    3 years ago

Oh my god!!!! Brian!! Brian!!!!!! You make me so worrie! I couldn´t enjoy my trees without knowing that you are alright. Like I said, summer is not summer without you!!

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked Amy (montreal, canada)
  • HOWARD Martin
    3 years ago

every body was a bit concerned

• Jan
    3 years ago

Omg!!!!! Brian!!!!!! I can’t believe it!!! We we’re about ready to pull out our hairs trying to figure out ways to contact you we figured something horrible happened! Thank god you’re alright I’m so happy to see you here it made my day Brian!!! :) I pray it’s all behind you brian whatver you went through!!

lol bob! You really did try to keep us all from going Crazy!

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked Jan
  • Monyet
    3 years ago

Jan, he went abroad and wouldn’t let him back in. Probably stuck in the tropics checking out palm trees, He,s really not into citrus.

• nulesm
    3 years ago

Hello Amy and Jan !!!!!!!!! I'm so so sorry to you both for making you worry like that !!! It's caring friends like you both that keep me here . I really hope that you both are enjoying this gorgeous summer and your new trees . Giant hug to you both !!!!!

Brian

• nulesm
    3 years ago

Thank you Howard !!! Very nice to meet you . The people here on this forum are very special very special.

Brian

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Brian, not sure if you saw my post to start and the very last one I made today buddy??

• nulesm
    3 years ago

Hello Mikey my dear friend thank you and everyone for caring sooooo much it meant so much !!!!!!! Hope that all is well with you and your family . Really hope that you've enjoying this beautiful summer !!!! Big Hug Mikey for starting this thread your an amazing friend !!!!!!

Brian

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hey, if you are up to it e-mail ok buddy? I asked you probably too many questions above but I really want to get caught up with you either here or in e-mail privately. Likewise to you. You have been an amazing friend of mines for years and hopefully many more to come. HUGS buddy

• nulesm
    3 years ago

Sounds good Mikey . Everything here so far is very good. Many many more years to come my friend Hugs buddy!!!!

• HOWARD Martin
    3 years ago

I think I'm changing my soil structure

• Jan
    3 years ago

lol bob!! That’s how we were imagining him too! in his shorts with margaritas in hand on a hammock :)

Brian we Are just so glad to have you back! Amy and me And mike and bob and a few others here were trying to figure out other ways to contact you lol! We really miss those gorgeous trees too! Im sure everyone would love to see your huge beautiful citrus trees Brian! :) how has the weather been I heard it’s been sweltering near where you and amy are! Same here it has only been warm for a little while though. Brian I am happy to say I’m about to join you into retirement it looks like :) yippee!!! How is sugar Brian? brian please take care and be careful with!! it feels very world endy Right now with this pandemic So keep safe.

My first sumo fruits brian :)

• HOWARD Martin
    3 years ago

maybe you need to contact the police or other authorities about a missing person's report

• nulesm
    3 years ago

Hello Jan margaritas Yum lol . Its been the best summer here very hot and humid . My trees have responded very well to the heat and humidity . Jan if it hadn't been a summer like this I probably would have lost a few of my favorite trees e.g. Shasta , Shiranui , Lee X Nova all due to my negligence I should have repotted them last year . The Shasta and Shiranui have rebounded beautifully the Lee X Nova is still struggling. It seems that we have lost spring we had snow here in mid May then it went to 35C , after that snow it has stayed hot . Jan I heard it's been cooler than usual in the west but you've had lots of sun that's good . Poor Calgary had a ruff summer with hail storms and cool weather . Jan you are going to love the retirement thing congratulations Yippee! There will always be work to do but it's good work . Sugar is doing fantastic still acts like a puppy he is going to be 13 in September. How is Cookie doing soooo cute . Is Cookie keeping an eye on those squirrels? Have you made plans for the second greenhouse yet? All these new trees we all got what are we going to do with them ? What a gentleman Gary is he set me up with a beautiful Tarocco #7 and a Bream Tarocco beautiful plants . With my Moro, Boukhobza and Tarocco's I'm pretty well set now in the Blood Orange department . Jan your going to absolutely love the Shiranui fruit so good congratulations!!!! The fruit will grow fast and will probably be ready for eating in February gorgeous Jan . Jan you please stay safe my dear friend don't forget to wear the mask when you go out .

Brian

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Brian buddy!

You do know that I am going to keep tabs on all these trees you are saying we should have Ha. The Shasta Gold too right? I have none of these. I love the blood oranges.Brian, looks like you answered all the questions that Jan asked that I asked you above yesterday!)0). I was wondering about all those things. Yesterday I think I almost wrote you a book. Please take the time to read it and get back to me buddy....BY the way, I also left you my e-mail up there if you didn't see that. Still waiting for you to write. I miss that. I am wearing my mask as we speak. We are all so grateful that you are ok...I hope you are getting tons of storms to keep Sugar on his feet, or he probably would rather be under the sofa. Can't wait to see some of your trees again. I have only re potted on tree this summer. I think I am going to pay the price later. Been too discouraged to continue to do more than just water these days but I'll be ok. Hugs buddy

• Jinny Lee
    3 years ago

Dear Brian,

It is so wonderful to see you back and to know that you are doing well. We all missed you so much. I prayed a lot for your well being. Just knowing that you are safe, alive and well will help to calm our hearts and mind. How is your better half doing?

Enjoy the rest of the summer and stay well friend. You are so treasured and loved ❤💜💚💛💙

PS: Would it be possible to give a few of us your email or home address so we will always have a way to keep in touch with you? That would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jinny

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked Jinny Lee
  • nulesm
    3 years ago

Hello Jinny Lee !!! Thank you so so much for all your caring and kind thoughts and prayers which I can always use ❤️💛💙 I promise it won't happen again . Hope that your having a fantastic summer because you know how short they are . Jinny I will show some of my trees if I can see some of your beautiful specimens. I remember them and they were gorgeous back a while ago I can just imagine how beautiful they are now . I will go and take pictures in the next couple of days. Your trees must have doubled in size this summer with all the heat My vegetable garden is growing fantastic how is yours doing ? Jinny Lee your a very dear friend please stay safe !!!! I will figure out the email thing !!!!!

Brian

Mikey Buddy forgive me I did not see the message above or I read the wrong one I'm sorry . Everything is good here still healthy but getting just a little forgetful . Still not in bad shape physically after all I brought all the citrus out of the greenhouse by myself while the better half was at work . So much watering care has been needed this summer it's been so hot and dry . Watering takes me just about all morning then lunch then nappy hour that's my life lol . Hope that your summer has been more exciting!!! We start our holidays this Friday so lots of day trips and lots of chip wagons lol . Have you spent any time at the beach or are they closed ? I really want this covid thing to go away . It's nice to see that they are bringing back drive - ins , love those makes a great evening . Sugar has been doing fantastic can't believe the energy he has for a thirteen year old . I take him for a walk at 6.00 am then 11.00 am then before and after supper . He still looks like a pup not one grey hair not like me lol. Mikey the bar is still waiting for you except the alcohol has all dried up from all the heat we had lol. So glad to here your mom is doing well , they just don't make them like they used to. Glad to here your dad is ok , the nursing homes are taking a hit up here to must be so terrifying for them . I hope after this mess is done they will change how seniors are treated they deserve it they built our comfortable lives . How is your summer going ? You must be loving all the heat and humidity. Glad to hear your plants and trees are doing great with the thunder rain pics please . Mikey this summer only one thunderstorm so far and it was a couple of mornings ago did it ever come done and two homes took a direct lightning strike . It's been so dry all the grass is burnt up and all the vegetation looks stressed How is your kitty cat Bo doing ? How old is Bo out of curiosity? Have you attempted to lift the Greenhouse a bit ? Mikey I will figure the email thing out . Hugs buddy have a great supper .

Brian

• HOWARD Martin
    3 years ago

I have no pets

• Jan
    3 years ago

Brian that’s terrible! Life gets a little hectic sometimes I know! how do you know when it’s time to repot Brian? For me I have a very hard time trying to figure out which ones to repot and when! Brian I’m so happy to hear about sugar!!! Cookie is slowing down a little at 13 lol not as spunky as sugar but she’s hanging in there And we mostly just cuddle now lol she loves those belly rubs! Brian I finally got the Shasta gold thanks to your enabling lol! I heard from Amy that Gary didn’t get the valentine pumelo after all! What a bummer but great that you got the bream and the tarrOco 7 I didn’t know that those two were different kinds Brian lol! Brian I’m planning for retirement already lol can’t wait until it officially starts August 27th I keep thinking maybe Just maybe my family will let me get a second greenhouse lol With the jabo and the figs that bob has enabled me to get I don’t know where I’ll put them! Lol Although I’ve been wanting to build a vegetable garden for the longest time Brian! As you know all the sunshine that I get is in the basketball court where the citrus are which is all cement but that’s the only place I can grow anything Brian! So I’ll have to roll up my sleeves and grab a couple 2x6 and finally grow some veggies next spring :) brian some of my favourite trees :)

Sugarbelle

minneola

Moro

brian there’s been another flu going around here I think that’s what I caught thank god not covid so watch out and be careful hugs my dear friend for sugar too! :)

• nulesm
    3 years ago

Jan lol I bet cookie still has more energy than you. Sugar has me beat by a mile . Second GH Jan oh oh lol actually me to . Getting rid of some of tree's before fall and only keeping my favorites. Jan raised bed on the basketball court seems like a very good idea. All our veggie gardens are in raised beds and they are doing fantastic. Jan I can usually tell they need repotting when the mix dries out very fast. When they haven't put out a good flush for months . When they haven't put out a flush and the leaves are slowly falling or turning yellow. When you see a massive mat like root system above the soil line . Jan your Moro and Minneola, Sugarbelle look awesome!!!! Is your Sugarbelle on a super dwarf ?

I ask because mine was supposed to be and yours looks like its growing just as fast.

Here are some fruit on my Sugarbelle. I don't know where I'm going to put this thing it's now on it's second massive flush since spring . Jan my Moro has only fruited 1 time in over ten years makes me scratch my head . Jan the Boukhobza is growing very quickly it just finished a huge flush . I've tried air layering it I think it has rooted all kinds of growth above the air layering mix .

Brian

• nulesm
    3 years ago

Amy for you my dear dear friend !!!

I am soooo sorry for all the worry you and many others went through because of me you sure didn't need the extra worries !!!!! It was not done intentionally to stress you or anyone here . I always think the world of you, your such a strong willed very kind soul . Your a very dear friend !!!! Please forgive me . Brian

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Brian, hey! You will never believe how old Bo is...13 years old. As old as Sugar and still doing great. He can jump up 4 feet right into my bed without fail lol Cries out loud for me to pick him at at times, but if I ignore him he jumps right up. I am so happy to hear you and Sugar are ok but the alchohol thing is not good news.lol Maybe that is a good thing since it will dehydrate you anyways. ha. Brian, it was HOT and dry here the whole month of June. thought we were going to have forest fires and we were on the brink of severe drought with many town restrictions, golf courses turning brown, then the days sof Noah just came back and it's been thundering ever since as some point here and there. Last night two hours of it with 3 inches of rain. My driveway looked like a river at 11 pm last night My pond overflowed I even saw all my pet frogs jumping around. lol Get this, when I got home yesterday a bullfrog jumped out of my greenhouse and landed on my shoe, then peed on it then belched then jumped away. lol That must of been a thanks for the crickets I gave him earlier. Yes, my Mom is ok Thank God, thanks. We were worried you got sick buddy. You better e-mail me so we never loose touch your new address. Please don't forget. I could of saved a whole lot of heartache here if I was able to tell everyone you were ok. You have more people here that care more than you know. Brian buddy, I wa sso lazy this year, didn't even take the plastic pool cover off yet let alone lift it. I want a bigger house now. The weather was lousy up until June, then got too hot to fast to be outside unless I am in a pool. NO beach yet((( I hear they only allow half the parking now and charage a whopping 50 dollars to park! Tomorrow I plan on it at a different place that charges 5 dollars an hour at meters. My god horrible lately. I can't wait until this goes away. The sad part is that young people are spreading it now and don't care to protect themselves! Now they are spreading here again. They had a beach party without masks on the Cape last weekend and now 9 got the virus and half work at food places. Now everyone has to be tested. I guess at least Trump is wearing one now, lol. I am so happy you are back buddy. I see you posted more pics and that one above, well all three take my breath away. I have not re potted one either and I have been using the Pro Mix you use and some with the 5.1.1. I love both My trees are so happy except for those I ignored(

Brian, help. I thank you for letting us know when it's a good time to tell when to re pot. Now that I know that I have a few that need it. But if you want to keep the tree in the same size pot, do you cut back the roots and how? Do you use a saw and cut away all sides to smaller root ball and cut the canopy too? Thank buddy!! I may re pot this weekend.

Is that butterfly bush? I like it. Can't believe you are still lifting those pots, geez buddy!!! Brian, what is your most sweetes, productive, seedless and less acidic tree that you have? I need to get one like very soon~!!! Great job as always and please stick around and e-mail me. Let me know when you do so that I won't keep looking hoping you do buddy. Hugs to you and my Mom also sends you a few. You made many of our days here)))))) All except the fact that I need to rest at your Tiki bar soon. Ha. Enjoy the Holiday's busy. I should be on mine very soon. Have not had one since the Covid virus broke out in March! I'm do.Sorry so much to ask and say buddy. Oh, and by the way, just started to play a little golf two weeks ago. Too funny on that.

Jan and May, you two are next ...))))

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Jan, what the heck???? You have trees almost as tall as Brian's.lol I hope you have someone helping you lift those! Beautifully well grown my friend. Wow. I was suppose to get a Shasta Gold and I forgot why I wanted one so bad.lol I know Brian suggested I get one way back and I have yet to get it. I also need a bigger greenhouse. one that I can stick my figs into too so I can wake them up early! Retirement??? What the? I keep thinking I am hanging around with a bunch of young blood until everyone talks of retiring!! I still have years to go. Hey, just think, you will be able to spend as much time as you want with your trees and greenhouse and the bugs will never have a chance. ha. HUGS

• Monyet
    3 years ago

Brian, very healthy tree’s you got there, envied your tree’s.

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Jinnylee, loom at you . so good to see you here too. Looks like Brian has a good affect on us. It's thundering here as I type this. Flooding actually. You better stay safe too. Keep wearing that mask. You don;t have to wear it while driving alone or when jogging though. haha

• nulesm
    3 years ago

Hey Mikey buddy sounds like your June was the same as our June and July . Mikey it has been so hot during the afternoons I stay indoors with the air conditioning. Not once have we put the heater for the pool on . Pool temperatures have been between 85 - 93 degrees all summer . Mikey I have never seen so much sunshine almost Arizona weather but with humidity. It's only rained twice since the end of May and not much , the rain has been all around us . I have a couple tree pics I will post later you will see how the grass is non existent. Water bans to all over the place . We had a thunderstorm like the one you just had last night a couple of mornings ago aren't they fun to watch ? Glad to hear your finally getting the rain I know that you were very worried with all the trees being cut down your area would end up desert like . I can just see the frog peeing on you lol they are good at that . I remember picking them up and then being peed on when I was a kid thanks for that great memory Lol . $ 50.00 for parking say what that's ridiculous i guess they are trying to deter groups of people. Mikey thanks for the name of the flower I always wondered the name of it . It is by far my favorite flower and the butterflies and honey bees just love it . If you want butterflies and bees in your garden I highly suggest it .

Mikey I have done the root pruning in the past not hard at all to do but time consuming. Next year I will have to root prune all my large trees , so not looking forward to next year . That's right Mikey I do use a saw and cut the roots an inch or two all around the pot . Then lift it out trim the bottom roots then back in the pot with new mix . After that I will trim a bit of the foliage off the tree . Don't do this on a hot day !!!!!!

Mikey my mandarins and tangelos are all very good except my Kishu that's been very disappointing . Tough question Shasta was extremely good last winter like wow good but the winter before it was my Shiranui fruit . Haven't had a Gold Nugget from my tree yet so everything might change . Can't go wrong with Shasta or Shiranui!!!!! Tried a Boukhobza last winter and it was pure sweetness looking forward to see that tree mature . Shasta and Shiranui so far has been seedless except for the very occasional Shiranui fruit.

Mikey so glad to hear your mom has stayed healthy. It must be a huge worry for you trying not to bring covid home on you . Stay masked when you go out buddy !!!!! Do you get most things delivered e.g. Food , prescriptions etc ? We've been going out for groceries with the mask and gloves on it's terrifying lol.

Mikey 13 yrs for Bo wow . We must be doing something right buddy its called spoiling them right ? No pet food just good old wholesome food . Sounds like you spoil Bo as much as I do with Sugar and you know they deserve it .

Dont forget the monkey buddy if you come and visit the Tiki bar lol .

Big hug buddy

Thanks Bob looks like that tree will be a handful it's only two years old !!!!!!

Brian

• Monyet
    3 years ago

You are lucky you can grow them that tall with those containers. They would blow over around here. Using squat containers, still blow over some.

• nulesm
    3 years ago

Bob so far so good hasn't been knocked over yet and we've had a couple of wind storms . I'm afraid as the canopy grows it will act like a kite and take off with the wind .

Brian

• Jan
    3 years ago

Brian!! oh my goodness it has been so busy here at the bakery just one more month to go Brian and ill be getting some sort of hammock in my greenhouse and spend most of my days there lol! Brian I just love your trees! they are gorgeous as always and your sugarnelle is so far along mine have fruits only the size of the end of a pencil eraser if that! Brian my sugar belle is supposed to be a dwarf as well but its manageable still but yours truly looks like a standard its huge I marvel at the size of your tree trunks! Lol Brian cookie goes for walks for hours and hours and I beg her to go home and she just sits in the middle of the street refusing to turn to go home its her way of throwing a hissy fit lol so yes even with her age she does love her walks! Brian sugar is such a cutie I'm so glad he's healthy and doing well :). Brian how many flushes do your trees go through? mine go through Maybe 3 flushes a year if I'm lucky! no wonder your greenhouse is so filled up! Brian you know what your boukhobza is so beautiful I'm drooling lol I'm thinking of smuggling some across the border lol! I saw one green world has it!

Mike lol not nearly but thank you! they did fantastic this year its awesome considering how our weather has been and yet some are on its second flush! Mike I'm so glad your mom is alright too! I know how scary it can be to worry about a parent its awful feeling. I know when I got sick I tried to stay as far away from my mother as I possibly could its an awful feeling thinking I might get her sick. oh Mike I didn't know you too had a furkin Bo is his name? so cute! Mike I can't wait to see your trees I haven't seen them in a while how are they? oh and you should totally get the Shasta gold Brian makes it sound so good lol me and Amy both got one this year! Mike are the covid19 numbers going down in your area?

Bob! what are you harvesting now? you must be covered in jabos!

• Jan
    3 years ago

oh Brian I wanted to ask you how do your rooted cuttings doing? I managed to root a few Meyers lemons and wonder if they're more susceptible to disease or root rot? or just as vigorous and fruitful?

• Monyet
    3 years ago

If you think Brian being gone that long, what about my cool racing buddy Kelley? How,s come nobody miss her. I do.

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    3 years ago

Brian, I have been out of touch and just got on and was so happy and relieved to see your post!!! We were all so worried about you! I agree with giving at least a few your email so we can check up on you just in case. We missed you and your trees are incredible as usual. That variegated calamondin is spectacular! Hugs!

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Brian buddy!! I do have several planted and boy oh boy do I get humming birds and bees. Butterflies and dragon flies too with the pond. I know right? Our summers seem to be a lot alike buddy. So do our dreaded winters, can't even think of that! Sorry buddy, I was away and no access to this site. I hate using it on my phone because I can not edit anything, ugh. Brian, today its HOT and Sunday we hot 100 degrees. Monday it was 100. I went to the beach and it felt like someone pressed an iron against my skin. I tanned up withing an hour, lol Then to boot, I had to wear my mask around noon because it got so crowed that I just left. I got there at 9 when it was quiet. Next time I will take a pic for you. You should see the huge thunderstorm I saw there the other day! Lightning over the water and coming at me like a tornado. The winds stir up the sand and lift it up right into your eyes. Try 60 dollars to park. I parked at the public parking area fo 12 bucks. lol Much better 2 dollars an hour.

Brian buddy, it seems that Jan did on a HOT day.lol I appreciate you helping me with that. I still have to hop on that. So many need it and I keep putting it off. I know it will help them if I do.

Brian, thank you for your comments on taste. I will take that to heart and ttry what you say is the best!! Thanks buddy. That is why we need you here. Always so helpful. and fun to be around. I can picture you and everyone with masks and gloves. It stinks. Yes, I have been more worried than ever before because so many are letting their guard down now and not being vigelant. They should be but not. I try my best to stay away from it. So hard when others are not playing by the rules. It stinks. It's not the actual flu that worries me, but the nasty side effects and the damage to vital organs that does. I know someone that has heart damage now and can barely walk or breath. So many sick in my city. Thank you buddy for caring. I will keep you updated.

How'd you know that I have a monkey? lol I also have lizards I will be bringing that need a home. ha. Brian, Bo is the same age, I can't believe it. Yes, they say even raw food is best for a cat. They love animal organs and it's most nuttitious. I am going to try freeze dry stuff this Doctor makes for animals. It suppose to make them as if young again. I will see .lol probably finally kill a mouse for me.

Hugs to you buddy. I will take pics soon, promise. Please stay in touch buddy and write.

Jan and Laura,

you are next, lol

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Jan, HI)))))))

Yes, they are saying that the only area in the country to lower the numbers is New England. They have strict safety procedures set in place that help a lot. No one allowed in without quarantine for 2 weeks from just about the whole country. Crazy. everyone has to wear mask. no more than 40% capacity in any indoor activity even places to eat and no bars. I seems to be working but like I told Brian, people are no listening now and I fear it will get worst again( . The other day a fight broke out at Walmart because another customer got mad at another for not wearing a mask. lol Crazy.

Yes, Bo is his name. He's a cutie. Since the time he was a baby, he's always been my cat and he knows it. Put he only purrs when my mother holds him, go figure.lol But he loves to be brushed. Loves it . Canaries, fish, cat and tons of plants, over 350.lol.

Gotta run, hugs!! I'll be back

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Laura, I sure do agree. I hope you are well too. be safe)))

Mike

• Jan
    3 years ago

bob I miss Kelley too! But I bet she’s busy with all the hobbies she has! She’ll pop up soon!

mike!!! I think if we’re not careful there might be a second wave coming everyone’s terrified that a second wave will hit! its very possible now i see very few wearing masks in Vancouver everyone’s having too good a time hosting bbqs and everything! But the restaurants and bakeries and cafes seem to be soooo quiet now I’m so glad we sold our bakery I can’t believe anyone would want to buy it during this time! Its such a blessing to be out of that business now! I’m just glad your mom and dad are ok :) give them my love and Bo too and all your birds and fish lol hugs my dear friend!! Stay safe!

• Jan
    3 years ago

Oh mike this ones for you I finally found a hardy gardenia that not only survived through winter but is blooming Again!

• HOWARD Martin
    3 years ago

good you need to get the seeds and push the genetics of it

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Jan, Oh my god!! Is that a winter snow or Kim Klein gardenia? What kind? IT's a beauty! I want one, lol. I can't believe it looks that great after a winter. Did you feed it anything special? keep it on a sunny window sill? Nope, probably in the greenhouse. Such a great job. Hugs for that@@! I'll bet you even sprayed for mites just in case. I am very proud of you. Mom is ok. We watch to Sir with Love lat night, great movie and I wll tell her you keep asking for her)

It's crazy that many think that nothing is going to happen to them and many even think this whole thing is made up. All I know that what ever bug it is, even a regular cold, I will still take precautions even though others could care less. Crazy people.

You had a bakery business!!!! No way. Must of smelled heavenly in your room lol,

• HOWARD Martin
    3 years ago

with enough lemons that could really smell nice

• Jan
    3 years ago

Lol mike hey! Oh my goodness it’s my last two weekends at the bakery and when everyone found out we were closing our doors and selling then place the lineup has been crazy so i haven’t been in here in a while! Feels good to be a weekend away from retirement next Sunday it will all be over :) mike I always smell like butter lol I can’t remember not smelling like butter and vanilla! Mike the gardenia is a frost proof gardenia the Phoenix perennials had all sorts of gardenias they had maybe 5 different varieties and they all smelled amazing but I was told this one was winter hardy down to ten below freezing so I jumped on it! It is very finicky in that it does drop leaves constantly everytime I move it somewhere over the winter i really didn’t think it would survive so I gave up on it and neglected it must’ve liked being ignored lol mike I’m going to get into orchids after this which ones do you recommend? I love fragrant orchids :) and you’re the pro! Oh movie nights I love that! She must really appreciate it now that everyone’s on lockdown I’ll have to google that movie I think I have decades of movie watching to catch up on lol as always give her my love hugs!