SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bogle821

Badly peeling and chipping white painted custom maple cabinets

bogle821
3 years ago

Our shaker kitchen cabinets (maple plywood) were custom made and painted with Benjamin Moore Paint Decorators White in 2016. I'm not sure what type of Benjamin Moore but I know they were sprayed in the cabinet maker's workshop. Two years in they started to chip and peel pretty badly. Now 4 years after the initial installation the situation is totally out of control. The design/build company we used is out of business so there's no recourse through them. My question is what to do about it. It's mostly at the corners around my sink cabinet that it's really terrible. The rest of the cabinets have little dings but I think I could potentially touch them up if I can' fugue out the right paint to use. Do I just keep chasing all the chips and now larger peeling spots with touch up paint, or do I find someone that can take the doors and hardware off the cabinet boxes and have all of them repainted. When I examine the peels and flakes it strikes me that this paint is very, very thin. Not sure if that has something to do with it. Any thoughts on a different type of paint or a different method of applying it?

Comments (22)