SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hlca

Does this layout for an office / media room give anyone heartburn?

H L
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

This is a branch from a prior thread I started about selecting specific furniture for my home office. I will just link the thread containing room pictures here. I've been thinking about how I'd like to use my office space. I obviously work here so that takes priority. But I'd also like a place to sit and read and listen to high fidelity music. I've been thinking hard about which layouts can work for multiple functions. It dawned on me that I have a great bare wall that I can use for a 4K ultra short throw projector. If anyone doesn't know what that is, it's a projector you put on or close to the floor about a foot to a foot and a half from the wall and it projects a 100-120" picture on your wall or screen.

Here is a layout showing how I could accomplish four different objectives in one small room. I would add a built in shelf in the niche behind the desk for some more storage -- picture top third of the wall. The amplifier, game console, etc. might go up there too. The box on the right is the UST projector and the triangle depicts the positioning of the speakers and listener.

Is this horrendous or clever? Any thoughts appreciated.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions