SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_174412861

Help! Gollum Jade repotting question

HU-174412861
3 years ago

Hi!! I need help! I’ve had a Gollum Jade for about 2 years- my sister rescued it from a hotel she worked at. It wasn’t doing well and I nursed it back to health- it’s been growing like crazy and doing really well. I had to repot It. Unfortunately, the pot it was in was not a good plant pot- it had no drainage hole (was very careful watering it), and it was shaped so the bottom was skinny, the mifdle was wide, and the top was skinny (think sort of diamond shaped) so when I repotted it, I lost a lot of the rootball- it’s a decent size and the rootball was so tiny. So I repotted it into a new pot (which was also not the best pot as I’m learning now. All my other pots are terra cotta pots.) since the root ball was so small, and I didn’t want to bury it too much and suffocate it, so it was almost resting on top waiting for it’s roots to grow. It was doing wonderful for 4 days and then my husband unfortunately knocked into it and it fell out. So I repotted it again. I let it dry out completely, gave it a good drink- now it’s been 3 days and the soil is still wet!! It’s obviously the pot- I have 3 other healthy thriving jades (all 5 years Old) with organic potting mix in terra cotta pots. My question is, will it be traumatic for it yet again to be repotted into a terra-cotta?? I’m afraid of it getting root rot! Please any help would be appreciated.

Comments (5)