SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knopplibby

Ceiling fan air flow/electrical issue?

Libby K.
4 years ago

When we moved into a new house, we replaced the master bedroom ceiling fan because we felt zero air coming from the fan. We bought a Hunter fan we had at our previous home because we knew we liked the look and air flow. We also can’t feel any air coming from this fan! There is a tray ceiling in the bedroom, but the fan has a 3” down rod and the blades sit lower than 3” below the ceiling. There are two levels to the tray ceiling (see picture).

We’ve had 2 electricians come out and both seem baffled. All voltage looks good, so we’ve been told it’s the fan. I’m doubtful, since we replaced the first fan for the same issue. I’ve replaced the wire harness in the fan already, but that also didn’t solve the problem. It’s like the blades aren’t spinning fast enough at the highest speed. The CFM is 3608. I have a new fan coming from Hunter this week, but I’m curious as to what else could be the problem?? Do Tray ceilings really prevent zero air flow, even if the distance is correct below the ceiling? I could possibly lower it another 3”, but that may make it too low. Any help from a professional would be great!!

Comments (8)