SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nasmoh

Should we spray paint the house interior before we Move-In?

N. Moh.
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello!

My family just bought a 1970s ranch home that needs some beautifying. We are short on time and budget, but I am wary of moving into a house with all wood-coloured trim, basement panelling and an overall grunge look. I'll be 7 months pregnant when we move in, and we have a 3-year-old- so time is a premium too. I was wondering whether to spray paint much of the house (except the kitchen) all-white- making the trim, doors and walls the same white colour, and then rolling the ceilings with a flat finish after spraypainting everything else. I figured I could always roll an accent wall on later without too much fuss, but I am worried about moving in and then never having the time/energy to change the feel of the place because of furniture etc.

What do you think? So far, my plan is to:

1. Spend 1 week prepping the walls, trim and paneling to be painted.

2. Spray painting (with a Graco Max) all the walls, trim, doors the same white colour (2 days).

3. Rolling the ceilings with a similar white matte colour- 3 days.

Anything else you can think of to beautify our dream home- a quick DIY? It's not pretty to look at now but I see the potential!

I'm also thinking about removing boob-lights.

Adding simple moulding trim to the ceilings eventually.

Thank you for your advice!

Below are pictures from the listing. The first few are from the basement. We have until mid-June to come up with our plan.

Comments (10)