SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hope_whalley

Help please!! Paint color with awful carpets

Hope Whalley
4 years ago

Hi everyone, I an hoping to get some much needed help for choosing a paint color to re-paint our walls. I know so much has to do with needing decor and added color in the house but I feel like we need to start with the walls. And as budget allows we will upgrade furniture and decor. We live in a rental (already have permission to paint from landlord) and we will be here for the next year or so. We are on a budget and don’t think it’s worth replacing carpet since we will not be here forever, but I can’t take these walls much longer 🤪. The carpet is pretty terrible and I’m afraid painting the walls white or off-white will draw unwanted attention to the carpet. The living room, dining room, and kitchen are all connected so it seems like we have to find one color that matches throughout to include the kitchen cabinets. I’m absolutely terrible at picturing color even with swatches and need all the help I can get. Thank you so much in advance!!

*Note: im not sure if it makes a big difference but we get a bunch of natural light in the house from east in the morning and west in the evening

Comments (17)