SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shebabee

Greetings, Rosers! And -- Can You ID the Found Rose?

shebabee
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello, you all,

I hope you and your families are keeping well, along with your animal friends. I can see that your roses are doing beautifully. Where I live, this seems to be a really terrific year for the roses and other flowers -- it's quite remarkable, the difference, and a welcome treat to see when walking around the neighborhoods during this time when we cannot go far from home or visit the gardens and arboretums.

I will now try to attach photos (been a long time -- I wonder if this has gotten any easier since I've been away?) of a rose that grows at a house in my neighborhood. I shared some photos of this two or three years back, but the rose has sprung back this year and I have much better photos of it now. I have been trying to propagate it and now that it's much more vigorous, I think I might manage it this year.

This is a once-bloomer. It is quite fragrant, and -- I hadn't realized this before -- it's very resinous and piney smelling at the sepals. It is all of @ 3 feet tall. The roses seem to last a long time on the plant and when cut, and they seem to become more lilac/lavender in color as they age.

Gosh -- I'm able to post photos! Amazing!

Appreciate your thoughts,

Sheba

Comments (27)