SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Honeywell thermostat DST adjustment - not in manual

Lars
4 years ago

I have a new Honeywell thermostat that we installed back in January, I believe, and it was fine until DST started. I believe I have the 9000 series:

This photo was taken at 12:08PM, instead of 11:09am, and I had to contact customer support to figure out how to adjust for DST. Here's a transcript of our chat yesterday:

Honeywell: Thank you for contacting Honeywell Home Technical Support. My name is Joseph A "Joe". How can I assist you today?

Me: My thermostat does not adjust for DST, and when I press current time to access time settings, nothing happens.

Honeywell: Hi there. I'll be happy to assist you. Please confirm your primary email, and phone number.

Me: Street # + Street, Cathedral City, CA 92234, etc.

Honeywell: Are you connected to the TCC App as well?

Me: I am connected to the App also, on my phone and laptop

Honeywell: What does your icon look like on your phone?

Me: 72° in white with red background

Honeywell: Thank you.

Honeywell: Please remove your thermostat from the wall and provide me the "product id", "MAC ID", "CRC" and 'date code", A 4-digit numeric number near the model number, or serial number, from the back of your thermostat.

Me: RTH###VVF 1004, MAC ID B##CA##DBB##, CRC: BCA#, date code might be 1930 or 1004,

Me: Note: the "VV" might actually be W - it is impossible to tell from the way it is printed.

Honeywell: Thank you.

Honeywell: Understood.

Honeywell: Where are you adjusting your DST from, or looking?

Me: I am unable to access any options to change the time at all from the thermostat. I tried pressing the current time on the main screen, and nothing happened.

Honeywell: On a Wi-Fi device it is going to be tied to the internet and your App.

Me: I cannot access any way to change the time on my phone or laptop.

Honeywell: You will want to use your laptop and login through a browser. Let me know when you are there.

Me: OK, I am there.

Honeywell: Just a moment

Honeywell: Click on Control Center, where you can see your locations. On the far right select the gear/Settings.

Honeywell: Check your Time Zone and whether DST is checked.

Me: Thank you. I did not see this option before.

Me: It now has the correct time.

I am posting this for others who may have this problem. Evidently a lot of people are, and I told them that they need to update their on-line user manual, as it has incorrect information.

Comments (6)