SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rerod

I dont need adjustable CPH. I need 4 degrees adjustable differential

rerod
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello folks..

My AC feels like its sized just right. On the hottest days, it barely pulls the temperature down running non stop. And on regular summer days, it takes 2 hours to drop the temperature 1 degree, so it runs a long time to finally satisfy the stat which drops the humidity into the 38-42% range..

But I run my AC manually by shutting it off when I leave for work, and running it non stop when I return to drop the temp back to 70 from 78.. I have this philosophy that a system will last longer the less times it cycles..

So it drives me nuts when the AC finally satisfies the stat and starts to cycle, because Ive seen it cycle 12 times in one hour.. There are no registers close to the stat. But there is a well sealed attic access just above the stat..

I was taught at dunwoody that a perfectly sized system never shuts off and maintains the desired temperature at worst case scenario. Im very close to that and even venture far enough to say I nailed it.. So why does it cycle so much?

Or who makes a two stage thermostat that has adjustable differential? Meaning I can set the stat for 74 and if I set the differential to 4, the AC wont start until it senses 78 and continues to run until it senses 74.

Now 4 degrees differential maybe to much "swing".. But my current 12 cycles per hour chasing 1 degree is unacceptable.

Thanks!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living