SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeonassky

Mother's Day menu

yeonassky
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

DD wants us to have a covid safe gathering on May 10th. My son's birthday is the 13th my sister-in-law's birthday is the 14th and my birthday is on the 20th so we usually celebrate on mother's Day together.
We will probably park and eat. There are quite a few very large parking lots not in use on Sundays so that is probably where we will go.
My thoughts on our share of the menu is hot and mild Italian sausages. After that I'm a little bit unsure. I know I can keep things hot because I have my hot and cold cooler and we are going to get another one for the cold stuff but I'm not sure whether to have an eggy frittata or simple sandwiches egg salad Etc.
I will also do fresh fruit and whipping cream with maple syrup to drizzle over.
My daughter and sister-in-law will make sure that there are snacky foods for the sugar eaters and salty food eaters. They both know that I can't have any of that so they usually supply it.
I will probably have fish as well sister-in-law but the rest don't mind artery-clogging stuff. Both sister-in-law and I do not eat red meat.
What about you what would you plan for your mother's day or family Day event at this time of year?
I am ridiculously excited to plan for this. I am perfectly fine to wait another week or two if they tell us to but still I just can't wait to see my daughter, six feet away even, for more than a few minutes! I can't believe how much I miss sitting across a table from her. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about it.
I posted this a through home decorating conversations forum so it's a little wonky and I can't fix it. To top it off it didn't even show up on the conversations forum? Well will post it there separately.

Comments (18)