SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

What's an animal lover to do?!?!?!

amylou321
4 years ago

So there is this cat. She has decided she lives here now. That's fine. Cats are useful. What is not useful? Her working the cover off the cover to my crawlspace and having 4 kittens under there. Sigh.
The kittens are old enough now to start causing damage. I called 4 different vets. I have used all of these vets to spay feral cats for me before. All of them are open for emergencies only. None of them will spay the cat right now. So I called a local non profit that specializes in trap,neuter,release for feral cats. This cat is most definitely feral. They will be happy to help. They can do it sometime in June. June!?!??! And while they can do the kittens as well, they would rather not. They have lots of adult cats that are already producing that need to be dealt with. So they want to wait on the kittens. I hope she is not pregnant again in june. They say they will spay her even if she is pregnant up to a point. But I would rather it be as easy as possible on the cat.
This program is focused on spay/neuter, not rehoming. And honestly, that is fine. I am okay with all 5 of them hanging around. In a wooded area, cats are useful after all. I am NOT okay with the 5 of them turning into 200 of them though. I hope my vet opens back up before the kittens are old enough to start reproducing. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings if someone wanted to take one or all of these kittens to THEIR home.....
But,as I said, if that doesnt happen, they are fine here.
I cant even close my crawlspace back up because I never know what's under there now and i dont want them to be trapped. If i can trap all of them and take them to be fixed at once I can make sure its securely shut.
Dang furball. Why did you have to pick my crawlspace? Did the other cats that used to come around tell you I would feed and fix you so you can wander off and not keep killing mice like they did? Ingrates.
I have video of them from my blink cameras. I wish I knew how to post a video on here to show you.They are funny little boogers....

Comments (35)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals