SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_collins99

Help!!! LVP and different hardwood in the house- what to do next?

Melissa Collins
4 years ago

ill just start by saying this is a starter home, a trailer, and I do not have the funds to pull out the luxury vinly that is in half the house and replace it with hardwood.
the addition is all vinyl planking, and then the other half of the trailer is hard wood floor. ( these hardwood floors have huge gaps in them and are quite frankily gringy)
that being said the planking is greyish and the hardwood is a yellow.
i have a few rooms that have carpet in them and NEED to go .
do you guys think this hardwood flooring could be refinished so that it is a similar tone to the planking - and that way i could replace the carpet with the planking and not have an abrupt change of flooring?

or do you think this hardwood is tired and not refinishable and i should just replace with vinly planking?

really would love a cohesive look in the house.
if the hardwoodflooring cannot be refinished in a different color, should i take out the carpet in the bedrooms n replace with a LVP that is closer to color with the hardwood?

• this would definitely split the house in half in regards to flooring. heres some pictures to better explain
    i also dont need comment on anything about the trim etc- its a work in progress

Comments (10)