SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caitlin622

Sloped Landscape Design

caitlin622
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

My sloped backyard... still making the best of what I was dealt.

Last Spring we built a retaining wall for half the yard- resulting in a nice level grassy pad.

This Spring we are terracing the other half of the yard using the same Mutual Materials block. The stair treads and level walkspace we are planning to use 8" Wood Timbers and decomposed granite or gravel.

The drawing and picture of the sloped dirt are both orientated in the same direction to make sense of the whole design. The white paint is where I want the two retaining walls - the top retaining wall will be 2.5' and have herbs behind it- the bottom retaining wall is about 3-3.5' tall. The "square" between the stairs is a flat landing pad that level with the grass pad- to transition between spaces.

The entire slope is super steep so the bottom level will not be completely ground level and ill either need to slope it at the fence line or provide some retaining around the fence line. I was thinking of making some short DIY Gabion wall/benches along the fence line with space for some plants behind. What do you think? Its not a large space so its really meant to be a space for lounging and relaxing.

I am looking for design input and ideas and critique.

Comments (10)