SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_97796716158

Induction hob pulsing heat / cycling heat

Joe
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hey guys,

I am in a rental and have a ceramic halogen hob, which I've have always hated ever since they got invented. Stupid low power, slow to heat up, slow to cool down etc etc. Presuming that I wouldn't be allowed to fit an Induction hob in its place, I bought a portable single induction hob: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S3S2F72

It was one of the more expensive ones, mainly because the reviews said it was one of the only hobs they have used that can simmer at a low heat, while others are too powerful even on their lowest setting.

Anyway, i bought it and the first annoyance is that it beeps and errors out the second i take the pan off. Is that standard across all induction hobs? It's freaking ridiculous.. it should allow 10 seconds at least for basic tasks like rolling the oil around the pan, or flipping food in a wok.

I can live with that, but my primary reason for this post, which is an issue I don't think i can live with is the pulsating heat. As an example if boiling water, i can see it boiling for 7 seconds, then not, for 3 seconds. Then back on.

I spoke to the customer service who sent me the attached image

It is basically saying that anything less than 120c will cycle heat. Considering that you fry an egg at 116c, i cant see myself going above 120c very frequently.. other than to sear meat.

So my question to you, is do all induction hobs do this? Is it only portable induction hobs that do it? Are there any portable induction hobs that don't do it? Is there a keyword (or feature) that i should be searching for?

Any recommendations? Money isn't really an object... but unfortunately, being portable is because I am in a rental :(

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County