SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmills615

MCM Ranch Redo - Need Exterior Ideas

mmills615
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We bought this house because my husband wants to retire on a lake, and I needed to downsize after our 4 children left home. It is a total redo, but my biggest issue is the exterior. I have gone from being resigned to the look to getting excited about some ideas for this type of house (after so...many...hours... researching and driving through 60's era neighborhoods). I'd love any ideas you Houzz gurus have. I'm leaning toward a 5-paned brown door, gas lanterns, no shutters - just clean white. We have new white vinyl windows coming in. We have depleted our budget (surprise!) and will do a low landscaping and live with the current paint for now. Here it is before the new door and windows. Help?

BTW - we sold our Colonial house unexpectedly quickly (PTL) and rented an apt for myself, my husband and our dog for the remodel. Due to life right now, we were joined in the apt. by 2 of our 4 adult kids (grad/college students sent home for distance learning) and another dog. I'm trying to do due diligence but it's a bit distracting!

Comments (2)