SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary451allis

Master bath major remodel

mary451allis
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Greetings fellow Houzz designers:

Planning a major master bath remodel this summer. Pretty sure I will have a floating vanity (6 huge drawers) quartz top vanity nearly identical to photo below. Prefer 2 mirrors (over the double sinks) instead of full wall mirror.

I welcome your suggestions for wallpaper, (on vanity wall only) lighting sconces, vanity 7’ rug runner patterns, floor/ shower tiles, and your opinion of this floating vanity and freestanding tub in general.

Color scheme of marble, gray, white, and little teal (from adjoining master bedroom). FYI...bedroom carpet (not replacing) connects through short walkway (his and her separate closets) directly with tile at bathroom floor (pocket door opening). It’s is a medium beige tan cream color with same color “diamond cut pattern.” Should new bathroom “marble” gray and white tile floor incorporate beige/golds to blend with carpet or okay with just grays and white tile?

Floor tile placement pattern suggestions?

Is herringbone too busy? Use different tile patterns on floor? Planning faux marble non-slip porcelain floor tiles (unsure of tile size) throughout along with shower tiles —still undecided on two walls (accent shower shelf tile openings all up in the air). Should tiles extend upward on non shower walls throughout?

What is your experience with freestanding tubs? Any suggestions and pictures are welcome especially with the current gray and white marble bathroom color trends.

I’ve added my “2 cents” on various recent Houzz design kitchen question posts so reaching out for the first time to you all.

It’s entertaining and a nice distraction for a few minutes each day from our temporary quarantined existence. Sad 😔 but we will become stronger and kinder from all of this!!

Many thanks!! Stay safe during this pandemic and wish you all well!

Mary

Comments (3)