SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_633176538

Family Home- major remodel- kitchen/master suite

Freznook
4 years ago

Hi! I’ve been a lurker for about a year now dreaming of some remodels to my home. We are now starting to think seriously on what kind of floor plan we would want. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

The house is in a prime neighborhood in a wonderful school district. We realize the remodels that we are planning will be expensive but the neighborhood justifies it. We are a family of five- three young girls (aged 2, 4, 6) and no plans for any more.

There are two primary remodels planned for the first floor: 1) Master Bath/Closet from bedroom, and 2) Kitchen remodel/expansion.

1. Master Suite: we are planning on converting Bedroom #2 and Bathroom #1 to a master bathroom/closet. We would like double sinks (6’ vanity), two person shower, no bathtub, a toilet that is separate from the vanity area (we have nothing against a toilet room), and a closet big enough for both of us.
  2. Kitchen: We do Cook dinner regularly at home and do some informal entertaining. We do eat in our dining room on a regular basis. I would like a place in the kitchen for a kid or few to sit and do homework- it seems like people gather in the kitchen when we do have people over. Right now we seriously lack storage space for food and the kitchen is dark. We are thinking the best bet would be to expand the kitchen into the Play room. The wall in between is thought to be load bearing (and quite possibly brick). (May have been an exterior wall at one time). We think the play room is on a concrete slab but there is accessible basement under the rest of the house. We would like either an induction range or cooktop, as well as a coffee station and an appliance garage. My husband likes the idea of having the range/cooktop in an island.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Comments (30)