SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmmenos

Sliding Patio Door: Sunrise, Okna, Soft-lite

4 years ago

Considering purchase of a sliding patio door and would like to get opinions on our options. Because of the current situation we are unable to go to any showroom and look at the door options so we are doing our research online. I'm a little nervous making a decision without seeing most of these doors in person, but it is what is. The only door option below that I have personally seen is the Andersen option.

We have an existing 72 x 80 wood sliding patio door. It's south facing so whatever door we choose will get full sun exposure from about 10am to 5pm in the summertime.

I have quotes for a Marvin Elevate (fiberglass) door at $5000 and an Andersen 400 Frenchwood for $2200 (prices include installation). I was originally looking at these doors due to the sun and heat that the door is exposed to for part of the year.

However, after doing some more research, I believe that a well-installed, quality vinyl door will perform as well or even better with the heat and sun exposure (I understand that the vinyl doors will be more energy efficient overall).

I have 3 vinyl-door quotes with installation.

Sunrise Restoration = $2900

Okna Elegante = $2900

Soft-Lite Kingsroyal = $2400

All three doors are sold by reputable installers. I understand that out of those 3, the Okna us probably the best door in terms of performance/build with the Kingsroyal a close second. I am leaning towards the Kingsroyal due to the very good price .

Comments (6)