SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariah_christensen

Help with new doors/windows on colonial style home

Mariah Christensen
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hey! We're redoing front door and windows on our very traditional-looking-exterior red brick exterior. Our own style is modern/contemporary with a kind of classic deco twist if there is such a thing? (-: I've already ordered pictured front doors. I wanted to do the pictured two-over one double hung windows but am now hesitant to put that prairie style on our very colonial home. But I don't love the 'busy-ness' of all the grids on true colonial windows (or the square shape with the rectangular shape in the door grids). Think it would be jarring or out of sync with the house if I did just a single line down the middle of the double hung window--so four rectangles total? I also considered a three over three, but my husband thinks it looks like a train ticket window!
Sorry-couldn't figure out how to add photos to this. So I have added them individually in the comments. Two summarize the door is already chosen the double entry with the large rectangular panes. My first choice windows would be the two over one or three over one grills but those are prairie style. I'll alternatively I was thinking of just a four square window like you see on the red brick home with planters. Our house is the one with the brown carriage garage doors. Last choice would be the colonial grills on top. Also not sure how those square panes work with the doors and the rectangular panes there (too busy??). Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks so much!

Comments (8)