SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtpo

Dekton REM - When will samples ship? More Dekton reviews?

mtpo
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Does anyone know when Cosentino will ship samples of Dekton REM? My builder wants me to finalize a bunch of finishing material choices (paint, tile, countertops, etc). The new Dekton REM looks beautiful on-line, but I don’t trust online colors. The fabricator ordered a sample for me, but I understand Cosentino is not shipping them yet. However, I heard that at least one showroom has a slab...so the product does exist!

Does anyone know what the finish is? It says Velvet. What’s that?

Is it a combo of gloss and matte? If so, is that great or not so great?

Have fabricators figured out a way to finish the countertop edges so they look finished?

Cosentino execs.... please consider putting more info on your site (expected sample shipping dates, explain the finish, explain the colors better (what you call white on the site for some of your patterns looks gray in real life)). AND... instead of showing how the product looks when used for sculptures, I’d much rather have you show me more kitchen and bathroom inspiration photos. I’ve only found ONE REM photo online so far! Want to use my new kitchen as a new inspiration photo? Let’s talk. 😉

Also — have any of you been living with Dekton? I’d like to hear from more owners. There are some old reviews from unhappy owners. Anyone have this in the kitchen for a year or two and still happy? Also want to hear if you are having problems. Are the fabricators and Consetino standing behind the product and installation or ignoring problems?

🙏

Comments (25)