SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsey_rogers88

Help! Entry door opening to back of couch?

Lindsey Rogers
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi everyone! My husband and I are moving to a small house next month (that we had to rent sight unseen due to coronavirus and the fact that we live out of state) and I'm struggling with thinking about how to set up the living room. It's nothing fancy, but we're hoping to call it home for a few years as we prepare to buy a house and start having kids. I only have one photo of the room, so bear with me.

The photo below is the combine living/dining room space. We had hoped to put the living room by the doorand the dining room on the side closer to the kitchen. The "living room space" is 11'x11' (not including the tiled areas) and the dining room is 15'x17', I believe.

There's maybe a foot or less between the door and the wall, and the wall behind the photograph (where the photographer is standing) has windows.

New furniture isn't in the budget right now, as I've been a full-time student and haven't been working for a year. This is the furniture we have, and we obviously aren't interior designers so please don't judge too harshly :) We're just looking to make the best with what we have. Also, our "tv stand" is too narrow to actually place the tv on, so the tv has to be hanging on a wall.

The only place I can think of to put our tv is on the one wall on the bottom right corner of the photo, but that would mean one side of our sectional couch would have its back to the door, and I suspect it would be a tight fit to walk around it.

It's also a possibility we could float the sectional in the larger "dining" room and have the tv in the corner between the windows and the closet, but I'm not sure about that, and it would mean walking from the kitchen through the living room to get to the table.

Any other ideas? Our sectional is modular and breaks apart into five separate pieces, if you think that might make a difference.

Comments (12)