SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cristina_huizar2

Best grass for Los Angeles ( South Bay Area)

Cristina Huizar
4 years ago

Hello,

I am looking into Laying down new grass in my backyard. I have a little one that loves to play outdoor so I know we will be using the backyard a lot, specially during the summer time. Additionally a small dog that loves to run lose in our backyard .

We have a sprinkler system installed. our backyard gets some sunlight, but has more shade than sun. Our space is about 700 sq ft And our home is located close to the end of the 110 frwy in the San Pedro Area. I know area/location is important when deciding the type of grass. I’ve been recommended either Marathon 2 or st. Augustine. However, I really don’t know anything about grass . Other than a sample piece of Marathon looked a lot nicer (greener) than st Augustine. However, I am looking for a grass that is durable, tolerates foot traffic ( kids playing) and doesn’t not require too much watering.

Any advice/information on which would be the best option for us would be greatly appreciated . Looking into laying grass within the next week or two.

thank you!

Comments (9)