SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

Storage shed on driveway?

smalloldhouse_gw
4 years ago

We're about to embark on an addition/reno, but since I'm stuck at home staring out my windows I'm jumping ahead a few steps to think about the yard. We have a small (8x10ish) backyard shed that needs replacement. There are 2 problems: we'd have to have a new one built on site (for a higher cost) due to limited access to the backyard. Also, since we mainly use the shed for bikes and small yard tools (rakes, shovels) the placement isn't all that convenient anyway.

I'm wondering if there's a good storage option to situate on the side of the house. There's a concrete 'patio' that extends from our driveway along one side of the house. It's kind of a trapezoid shape - 7.5ft wide at its narrowest. I tried for a long time to make it an attractive spot for sitting outdoors only to realize that's a lost cause - but it's a very convenient dumping ground for stuff.

Below is the diagram of our lot - everything in grey is concrete. The grey line is a retaining wall, brown is fencing. Existing house footprint will remain the same; we're adding a second floor above the back section of the house which is right now just attic space. Eventually I hope we can make a semi-circular driveway, but that's a few years off.

I can find a million pictures of adorable sheds, but they're mostly in equally lovely landscapes. I can't quite find something that seems like it would look right considering the angles. Thanks for any ideas!

Comments (3)