SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea001

Unable to make an exterior paint color decision

linnea001
4 years ago

Hi, I have been in my home for 10 years and finally am at the point where I can pay a professional to do a much needed paint job. The problem is I am unable to make a decision. This has been so long in the making, and is a large investment for me, and I've become paralyzed with fear over making the wrong decision. I usually know exactly what I want, and have had no problem working on the interior on my own, it's just the investment and the commitment that have gotten to me. I have a one story 50s ranch with textured cedar shingles (I don't particularly love the shingles but I can't do anything about that right now). I am ready to move on from the yellow and have contemplated a light minty blue green, seafoam green, light to medium gray, creamy white, but I just can't commit. I have debated adding shutters, and would love a bright color door. The garage door also will be painted, so I will need to pick a complimentary color for that. I have asked to have beams put across the area where the cedar shingles meet the planks to add a little visual interest. I don't particularly like dark colors like blues, greens, browns, I am really looking to lighten it up. Landscaping will obviously be next on the agenda! Any suggestions?

Comments (129)