SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
internet1382

Exterior Paint Decisions

Aphaea
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have a lovely mobile home in a desirable senior (55+) park in southern-central coastal California. In October, we are going to have the exterior painted so I have been considering various ideas. I told Dina and Christine, professional painters of more than thirty years' experience, that I was considering white with black trim or an icy green with dark emerald with for the trim. But they said black was prone to fading and that if I wanted to keep fading to a minimum I would want softer (neutral) colors.

I have BM's Chantilly Lace inside and I love it, but I am thinking that maybe even a brighter white, possibly snow or hospital white--only having the exterior walls matte and the stair railings and posts high gloss in the same color. I know that the more gloss the more any imperfections are highlighted but I think that outside that would be fine. (However, I am uncertain if the imperfections would add a textural feel or just look bad; I will be asking them that question.) I got this idea while looking at my interior; the BM white in matte is complemented by faux white silk drapes and that textural contrast really excites me.

I like the reflective quality that white will bring and I don't mind having it power washed once or maybe twice a year. I dislike off white, cream or beige of any kind. For me, pure white is lovely.

Has anyone here done their home's exterior in one shade for everything? I can see it setting off my future garden beautifully. But am I missing anything or am I crazy?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES