SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_strazisar

laundry room re-do

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on a laundry + storage room design. We are planning to do USA mfg RTA cabinets, so we have a lot of flexibility on cabinet size. We don't have flexibility to significantly move plumbing and dryer venting. I'd like to get all the appliances & storage on one wall (140") instead of blocking the door to the garage. The toolbox and spare fridge must remain in this room as we use them a lot. We have 9' ceiling.

Any advice, ideas or random thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Current room:

laundry room · More Info

In the plan below, I have the 4 wall cabinets all the same width, height and at 27" depth. That depth matches the case of the fridge and washer/dryer stack, but will it seem heavy? I am using vertical edge-banded plywood to frame the sink so the countertop can go from wall to wall. Would you have the sink cabinet proud or recessed? Or go with a free-standing model instead?

Planned update #1:

laundry room · More Info

Idea #2 with more cabinet storage, but less flexibility on upgrading fridge to taller model when this one dies. Freestanding sink.

Idea #3 with different width cabinets. I could have the cabinet over the sink at 12" depth so it feels less heavy working there.

Thanks again!

Stephanie

Comments (39)