SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neal_alvey

Two of same units blow very differently, even after replacing dan

Neal
4 years ago

Hi all, we have two Goodman AC outside units that are exactly the same - one is for the main floor and the second for the basement. The second one went out last year and I had an HVAC company come out. The replaces the capacitor and all was good. After doing so, we noticed the fan In the basement unit was blowing 5-10x more air than the upstairs unit. He said the motor was likely starting to go out in the upstairs unit. The upstairs unit seems to run non-stop, mind you it’s also our main living area.

Fast forward to this week - I ordered a new fan motor, capacitor, and fan blade set and installed it today. I was expecting an instant difference however it blows just as much as the old fan - still a fraction of the other unit. The fan blades are a tiny bit lower down than they were but barely - 1/8” - 1/4” maybe.

Any thoughts on what could be going on or wrong? Both units are pretty clean on the outside and inside...the one in question is a bit dirtier, but not much. The motor, capacitor, and blades were $125 shipped and about an hour of effort so not in a ton yet...was really hoping it would feel like a new unit though.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. In the photo, the upstairs unit is to the left and the basement unit is to the right.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz