SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nekotish

When life gives you Buttercups (Spode that is)...

nekotish
4 years ago

My wonderful Great Aunt Bert, left me her enormous collection of Spode Buttercup when I was about 18. She had no children and since she and I cooked and baked together she thought I would appreciate it. And I do. I just don't like it. I have hauled it around with me for over 40 years as I don't have the heart to part with it. It is not colours that I like and I don't care for the pattern. It is not something that either of my daughters want. When I say an enormous set, I am talking egg cups and saucers, fruit nappies and saucers, teacups, coffee cups, luncheon plates, dessert plates, platters and vegetable bowls... If I could find someone who would love it, I would happily give it away. I contacted some replacement china companies who offered me 200.00 for the lot when they are selling the small coffee pot for that amount.

Anyway... while looking for something in which to put a bunch of daffodils that I bought from a local farm, the small coffee

pot caught my eye. Perfect! If any of you know anyone who would give this collection a loving home, let me know. I'm on the west coast of BC, near Vancouver, so packaging shipping are obviously factors.

Comments (39)