SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

When Life Gives You Lemons

maximavswife
12 years ago

I received a call from my elderly father this past Sunday. He was completely disoriented. He didn't know where he was or how he got there. I immediately drove to the nursing home. Luckily a couple of his pals at the home were keeping an eye on him. The nursing staff had already called for an ambulance to take him to the hospital. He had complained earlier of a sour throat but I found out later he actually was complaining that his throat was dry. No matter! I was happy he was going to the hospital. The EMT's started him on oxygen and by the time we got to the hospital he was already much better. He knew where he was, the date and that the Broncos had lost the play off game LOL. After being looked over thoroughly it was discovered he had sores on his buttocks and hip so bad it would require surgery. He mde it through surgery like a champ! He has been given a blood transfusion as he was severely anemic. We met with the Palliative Care Team and, going forward, I believe he will be receiving much better care. It's so hard because I cannot be at the nursing home 24 hours a day to make sure he is getting the proper treatment. And, although he is still in the hospital, he is gaining strength each day!

My therapy through this drama is, of course, my hobby, tablescaping. I set this table to help brighten my spirits and to take my mind off worrying, if only for a little while. Today, I am just so happy that my daddy is almost back to his usual feisty, onerny, stubborn self :)

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: When Life Gives You Lemons Table

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions