SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david_livingston20

Non evasive vine for 6 rail fence line

David
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi, i have a 6 rail fence that i am building and i want to grow a privacy vine on it. It is on the property line between myself and my neighbor which is very close proximity of about 6 inches.

I am looking for a non evasive vine what will not get into the ground and then start popping up all over the place and get out of control. I would also like a vine that repells bugs and that smells good.

Now because my neighbor has decided to be a jerkwad ( because part of their overhang and all their posts, and part of the driveway are on my property and i pointed that out to them after they complained about the fence) i guess i DO NOT want one that flowers because then the flowers will get on their property and they will complain. Our rules here say the fence has to be on the property line and actually i am 3 inches inside my line as of now.

This is about a 40 foot span. I also dont want to have to remove the vine every year.

It is also for zone 7

Any ideas what vines i might look at.... if this works out i may use it on the other fence line in the back as well.

Here is a photo of the fence in question for the vine. I want it to be completely covered up and private. Picture taken from my property side.

Comments (14)