SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katyajini

Frustration. What to do when you couldn't get the rose you wanted?

katyajini
4 years ago

This may really be too silly....

I was not snappy. Took it too easy. Yeah, I'll get to it. And then of course when I went to order the rose was sold out..

sugar moon from edmunds

brother cadfael from DA

abraham darby from DA

jaune desprez from ARE

Its frustrating because I am so design challenged. I have to think so hard to decide where I am going to place which rose in the few new beds I am making. Then, say I dont have Sugar Moon. Do I just leave a hole at back of the bed, kind of, where it was supposed to go? Then wait till someday when I might find Sugar Moon again? In that future time Sugar Moon will be much smaller than the surrounding plants, just poking its head out from the soil and fighting to grow in.

Not to mention walking over growing roses to get digging in the spot I left.

Do you guys face something like this? And then what do you do? Change your plans? Leave a space?

Flower beds. specially with mixed plantings...it gets complicated to do over time. Yet I can only imagine myself doing it over time.

Related, I wonder often, so many of you remove a mature bush to replace it with a small young rose plant. How does that work at the center or back of a wide bed when tall plants can block out quite a bit of light?

Sorry for the complaining. Thanks for listening. <3

Comments (61)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH